Your First Step to a Successful Future
Admissions Policies and Requirements Veterans & Youth Career Collaborative (VYCC) is proud to provide educational opportunities in Southern California and welcomes all applicants for admission. Come to our Community Career Center to pick up an education programs admissions application.
VYCC has specific admissions criteria and students must provide necessary documentation that they can meet these requirements before the school will accept their admission application for enrollment. In addition to general admissions criteria, certain courses or programs may require additional prerequisites before the student will be granted admission into the program. Read the general admissions requirements below and check the prerequisites for each program through the admissions office, the school course catalog, or the school website.
The following Admissions Process applies to all students:
- The applicant must meet with a Career Specialists to discuss the programs that are available and, together with the help of the Admissions Representative, to define the educational objectives of the applicant.
- The applicant will be provided a tour of the facility.
- Student must submit proof of their High School Diploma, GED or GED Equivalent education.
- Upon acceptance into the school, the applicant will complete the agreement that includes the terms of the registration fee and tuition. If the school rejects the applicant, he/she will be notified immediately, and all sums paid as part of the program tuition will be fully refunded to the student.
Required Documentation for Admission consideration:
The following documentation is required from the student in order to be admitted into Veterans & Youth Career Collaborative (VYCC) programs:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- GED or GED equivalent education
- Completion of CASAS Test (if no High School or GED is available)
- Military DD214
- Copy of two forms of identification which can include any of the following:
- Social Security Number
- U.S. Driver’s License [Valid]
- U.S. Military ID [Valid]
- Non-Driver’s Id issued by the State [United States ID]
- Unemployment Letter
Applicants are notified of their acceptance when all materials, documents and credentials have been received and the processing is complete.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to Veterans & Youth Career Collaborative (VYCC).
All students are required to complete an assessment exam before they are admitted to VYCC programs of study. The potential student’s ability to read and write effectively in the English Language will also be tested due to the fact our courses require intensive reading and lab assignments. Assessment test will be conducted using a multiple-choice format.
The assessment test is designed to ensure that a potential student will have the ability to benefit from the training provided by VYCC.
All students are required to complete the assessment exam prior to their first day of enrollment. A passing score of 70% is required. If a student receives a score of less than 70%, a meeting with the school director is required to determine the best course of action for that student. The test will determine areas of strengths and weaknesses, which will assist our instructors to provide the highest quality of hands-on training, which will allow the student to compete effectively in the job market with their particular set of acquired skills. Assistive Technologies will be provided for all students with disabilities.
The school reserves the right to refuse admission prior to or following enrollment if the applicant becomes ineligible as determined by the policies of the VYCC Management Team or the School Director. Final acceptance or denial is determined by the School Director, subject to the applicant’s right of appeal or request for consideration as a special exception.
Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about VYCC training programs and exploring whether Veterans & Youth Career Collaborative (VYCC) is right for you, fill out the form on this page and receive more information.
A helpful Career Specialists will be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling.
For immediate questions, call 323-457-6841.
VYCC Career Specialists are available to help you through every step of the way